In a year without a new mainline entry in Ubisoft's flagship franchise, I've found myself reflecting on my time as a fan of Assassin's Creed. If I were to rank the games in the series objectively, Assassin's Creed III would sit ahead of 2014's aggressively flawed Unity and behind all the rest. It's a rough game at times, particularly burdened with frustrating and incomplete-feeling mission design and a litany of technical and pacing problems. Despite all that, if I were to throw objectivity out the window and let my heart hold sway, Connor's journey through America's tumultuous birth stands as one of the most memorable experiences in gaming for me.
- FOR HONOR REVIEW // FOR HONOR, GLORY, AND MEDIOCRITY
- HOW FINAL FANTASY XV EXPRESSES ITS THEME OF BROTHERHOOD THROUGH ITS MECHANICS
- 5 CHARACTERS I HOPE APPEAR IN MARVEL VS. CAPCOM INFINITE
- NEW DEV UPDATE FOR PSYCHONAUTS 2 HINTS AT PSYCHONAUTS HQ
- SYMMION’S ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2017
- REQUIRED READING: POLYGON’S ORAL HISTORY OF FINAL FANTASY 7
- STARDEW VALLEY REVIEW // A PLAYABLE PARADISE
In a new video walkthrough by the team at Ubisoft Montreal, players can see a breakdown of the game's unique melee combat system and a taste of the shooter-style rewards and killstreaks.
© 2018 All Platform Gaming All Rights Reserved