On a personal level 2015 could go down as my favorite year for video games. The list of games that were released is so expansive and devoid of a large number of shovel-ware titles that making a top five is extremely difficult. Number one and two aren’t that hard, but who gets the nod for barely making the list and who gets left out? Well, for an honorable mention list I’ll just link the Wikipedia article for all the games released last year. Let’s get started.
- FOR HONOR REVIEW // FOR HONOR, GLORY, AND MEDIOCRITY
- HOW FINAL FANTASY XV EXPRESSES ITS THEME OF BROTHERHOOD THROUGH ITS MECHANICS
- 5 CHARACTERS I HOPE APPEAR IN MARVEL VS. CAPCOM INFINITE
- NEW DEV UPDATE FOR PSYCHONAUTS 2 HINTS AT PSYCHONAUTS HQ
- SYMMION’S ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2017
- REQUIRED READING: POLYGON’S ORAL HISTORY OF FINAL FANTASY 7
- STARDEW VALLEY REVIEW // A PLAYABLE PARADISE
2015 was a hell of a year for gaming. In terms of big triple A releases, this year wasn't short on content. We had Halo 5, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Batman: Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Mortal Kombat X, yet another Assassin's Creed, the list goes on and on. Though, for me, this was the year of games that I barely knew anything about. They were games that I never paid attention to before release, or heck, didn't even know about them until their release. Looking back, this might have been my favorite year ever in terms of gaming, because the experiences I had were constantly unique to me. Even harder, was ranking the best experiences I had. Through much thought, I believe I've finally figured out where I stand on my favorite games of last year.
With 2015 officially over I think it's time to look back on the games that were released throughout the year and single out five of them that I happily enjoyed.
The last podcast of the year! You know what that means!
© 2018 All Platform Gaming All Rights Reserved