If there's one thing that defined the gaming landscape in 2016, it's the huge variety and diversity of experiences available to gamers. In this piece, we ring in the new year by taking a look at the art and images that helped make 2016 so special for the medium.
- FOR HONOR REVIEW // FOR HONOR, GLORY, AND MEDIOCRITY
- HOW FINAL FANTASY XV EXPRESSES ITS THEME OF BROTHERHOOD THROUGH ITS MECHANICS
- 5 CHARACTERS I HOPE APPEAR IN MARVEL VS. CAPCOM INFINITE
- NEW DEV UPDATE FOR PSYCHONAUTS 2 HINTS AT PSYCHONAUTS HQ
- SYMMION’S ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2017
- REQUIRED READING: POLYGON’S ORAL HISTORY OF FINAL FANTASY 7
- STARDEW VALLEY REVIEW // A PLAYABLE PARADISE
Top hats and cane swords. Kukris and stagecoaches. Big Ben. It's amazing how, every once in a while, a trend will hit and seemingly take over a year. With big, hunter-gatherer flavored titles like Far Cry Primal and Horizon: Zero Dawn on deck, 2016 is set to be the year of the caveperson. 2015 though? 2015 was all about Victorian London.
Artist DrFaustusAU has amassed quite a following for his charming reimaginings of famous works, from H.P. Lovecraft to Star Trek, as Dr. Seuss books for beginning readers. Naturally, he has taken several videogame classics and rendered them in fine Seussian Style.
Read on to see his whimsical work!
© 2017 All Platform Gaming All Rights Reserved