If there is one thing that Halo 5: Guardians makes perfectly clear it’s that 343 Industries is not Bungie. 343 demonstrates its willingness to craft its own game, rather than ride on the coattails of Bungie. The story and gameplay both make bold choices that usually payoff. There is certainly a lot of risk in fundamentally changing a game, and while some elements fall flat, the game as a whole is great. Halo 5’s true achievement is showing that 343 is quite capable of crafting its own vision for the world of everyone’s favorite Spartan.
- FOR HONOR REVIEW // FOR HONOR, GLORY, AND MEDIOCRITY
- HOW FINAL FANTASY XV EXPRESSES ITS THEME OF BROTHERHOOD THROUGH ITS MECHANICS
- 5 CHARACTERS I HOPE APPEAR IN MARVEL VS. CAPCOM INFINITE
- NEW DEV UPDATE FOR PSYCHONAUTS 2 HINTS AT PSYCHONAUTS HQ
- SYMMION’S ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2017
- REQUIRED READING: POLYGON’S ORAL HISTORY OF FINAL FANTASY 7
- STARDEW VALLEY REVIEW // A PLAYABLE PARADISE
Microsoft has confirmed Xbox One exclusive Halo 5: Guardians for an October 27th, 2015 release date with a pair of compelling trailers that show the story playing out across the perspectives of two different Spartans: Master Chief and Locke. Stay tuned to APG for more information as it comes, check out or impressions of the multiplayer beta here, and click read more to watch the trailers!
© 2018 All Platform Gaming All Rights Reserved